Friday, May 28, 2010

World Cup Pics













Here in South Africa we are getting very excited about the World Cup. We are wearing our yellow Bafana Bafana T-shirts on Fridays.










Above you will see me with a kid in my class. We even have some crazy hats here, as you can see with soccer mad George on the right!

Even my car is decorated with a flag...






Vendors on the streets are selling colourful flags.

Even my dog has her world cup T-shirt. I had to get brown in case she rolls in the dirt.





I am also very blessed to have a girl in my class, Thabi, who was in the opening ceremony. If you watched it (or taped it) it was after that giant dung beetle rolled the soccer ball and the people in red came out. She is the little girl with the orange scrunchie in her hair. Anyway here she is:

















Well, as much as we are excited to have the World Cup on our soil, there is an opportunity for you to
- be a contributor at the world cup giveaway: http://worldcupjv.com/contributor.php?id=92



2 comments:

Jackie said...

Thanks for Worldcup Giveaway gift.

Love your photos and great that Bafana Bafana drew last night and even better how well the Boks did against France in the rugby today. Exciting times :)))

Rochelle said...

Thanks for you comment. I have dreams of teaching midwifery skills to women in Africa one day and may have to live vicariously as an expat through you.