Friday, December 7, 2007

My efforts to make money on the net...

7 December 2008

Welcome to the habbits, the hideout, the head, the history and other thoughts of Heather!

This blog will be about the things that have happened to me and my particular progress in the following areas:

1. Trying to be a better teacher with a difficult class of kids

2. My efforts to make my website, http://www.healwithheather.com/ , a success, and any self-help insight I have gained along the way

3. My efforts to make money on the internet

4. My battle with my childless state


and anything else I can think of!


Let me start, first of all, with my history of trying to make money on the internet, which began about six months ago. This was in my August holidays after I had survived a rather nasty term of kids who did not listen. I had to come up with a better idea to spend my days!

I started looking for ideas. I wanted to make use of my psychology skills. A few years ago when I was unemployed I had put together a stress course. I was also interested in EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) and on one of those lists was Rebecca Marina's http://www.celebrationhealing.com/ and I used her same host because she recommended it and it was point and click easy to do. I also found http://www.cybershrink.co.za/ and wanted to do something like that. So eventually, after about 3 weeks of hard work, http://www.healwithheather.com/ was born. And 3 months later, although I have had a lot of fun with it, it is still not making any money. I am seriously considering taking it down, although I will be very sad :(

When I found that the site was not making money, I started looking for other options to make money that would support my site. I bought a nice program on subliminal thinking. It flashes on the screen messages and your subconscious absorbs it. Right now I've got it flashing on 100% Brain Power! I hoped to make money off it if people would buy, but so far no luck.

So by now I've racked up hosting fees every month as well as for the IMerchant which does the cc transactions, although nobody's bought yet, and a nice program as well, but nobody bought that either. I also have my google ads running (act before you snap) to promote my stress course and the website.

I start scouring the web for more ideas. I find paid surveys. This seems the answer to my problems. I started with Survey Scout which I liked because they had a column so that you knew if you could not do it if you were not American (I am South African and many of these people only want American opinions). After joining about 70 of these I have yet to have anyone ask me for my opinion. And when you go in there to try and contact someone for a refund, its no go. I register for their help forum but it keeps bringing me back to the same page. And even the email they sent me is no reply. So if you are not American.. beware of Survey Scout! I also joined Home Survey Workers. Same story. Waste of money. At least I got an email from them yesterday saying they will refund me after I asked. Will let you know if it actually gets to my account. What also irritated me about Home Survey Workers was the breezy letter: we have a survey for you in your area. You click through and.... guess what.. "this offer is not available in your area".

I had a hiatus from the internet for a while during which we had problems with our phone line (firstly for two weeks, then later for 3 weeks). Of course we just love Telkom, who has the monopoly on land line telephones here. I also had a lot of work to do at school what with learner profiles and reports which take forever to get done...

However the December summer holidays are here and I am back with a mission: to drain some kind of cash out of this computer if it's the last thing I do and if I do not go broke in the process!
(By the way, for South Africans, Clixsense is a waste too... I only earned nearly $2 after forking out $10.) I was able to convert some of this for advertising for my site.

Today my latest attempt to make money will be documented for prosperity: AutoPilot Profits by Ewen Chia. This guy is apparently very good at making money, so we will see.

Check out what you think:Click Here For Your Own Automatic Money Machine!

I watched all the videos today and thought they had some good ideas. I have started putting some into practice. So the product I am focussing on for this is Panic Away (I chose something I can still promote in my existing website) so we will see.

f you have panic attacks: http://www.heatherss.panicaway.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=BREATHE

Well that's all for now.. wish me luck!
Heather

No comments: